Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

[AirPods Pro 2nd gen] Keep noise cancelling during phone calls

Hi,

Is it possible to keep the noise cancellation active during phone calls, teams meetings etc...? For instance, I'm listening to music with active noise cancellation ON, and as soon I answer a call I start hearing all the surrounding noise because the AirPods disable the active noise cancellation. I don't recall this happening on the previous generation of AirPods (1st gen).

Thanks! Have a great day!

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 7:54 AM

1 reply

Feb 15, 2023 12:53 PM in response to m.rocco

Hello m.rocco,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with noise cancellation turning off during calls on your AirPods. This article goes over this feature and how it works: AirPods Pro and AirPods Max Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode - Apple Support

Be sure your firmware is updated to the lates version as described here: About firmware updates for AirPods - Apple Support

If those steps don't help, try resetting them as outlined here: How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

"You might need to reset your AirPods if they won't charge, or to fix a different issue.

1. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and close the lid.
  2. Wait 30 seconds.
  3. Open the lid of your charging case, and put your AirPods in your ears.
  4. Go to Settings > Bluetooth. Or go to Settings > [your AirPods].
    • If your AirPods appear there as connected, tap the More Info button  next to your AirPods, tap Forget This Device, then tap again to confirm.
    • If your AirPods don't appear there, continue to the next step. 

1. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and keep the lid open. 
  2. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds, until the status light on the front of the case flashes amber, then white.*
  3. AirPods charging cases
  4. Reconnect your AirPods: With your AirPods in their charging case and the lid open, place your AirPods close to your iPhone or iPad. Follow the steps on your device's screen.

AirPods can be associated with one Apple ID. If you want to use AirPods (3rd generation) or AirPods Pro (1st or 2nd generation) that someone else has used, they first need to remove the AirPods from their Apple ID."

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

[AirPods Pro 2nd gen] Keep noise cancelling during phone calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.