Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing to share storage. Where do the back ups go

I had extra storage and shared it with my spouse. I was able to add her to my Family sharing and her Iphone was had more space. but now her Iphone is broken and I have no idea how to access her backups?

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 10:57 AM

The fact that she is family sharing iCloud storage makes no difference. Her backups are stored under her own Apple ID.

There is no way to view the contents of an iCloud Backup. She can only use the backup to do a full restore of a device or to setup a new device. To do that, see: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

That is the exactly same as it would be if she wasn't sharing a storage plan.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2023 10:57 AM in response to Castor123

The fact that she is family sharing iCloud storage makes no difference. Her backups are stored under her own Apple ID.

There is no way to view the contents of an iCloud Backup. She can only use the backup to do a full restore of a device or to setup a new device. To do that, see: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

That is the exactly same as it would be if she wasn't sharing a storage plan.

Feb 14, 2023 11:05 AM in response to Castor123

If you're talking about where to find her contacts, Apple Docs and things like that...you can visit iCloud.com, for quick access. She should sign in with HER personal iCloud information...not the Family Account information; That's the Family Account holder's AppleID account.

If you're wondering how to put her info back on an iPhone or other Apple Device, get a NEW device and when initially setting it up, select "Restore from last iCloud Backup"...from HER AppleID.

Family sharing to share storage. Where do the back ups go

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.