Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change my iPhone's Apple ID?

i have my own Apple ID but I can’t sign in on my iPhone 7plus because this my phone is signed in by other person Apple ID for first time (before three years) so how I can sign in and update my phone?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 1:23 PM

In effect this phone is activation locked.

To remove the activation lock you can either remove it with the correct Apple id and password

Or if you are unable to do so, and you have proof of purchase, you can apply for Apple to remove the activation lock

See this guide:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

The step to remove without knowing the Apple ID is under Start a support request

then "Get started" on the next page

Here is the direct link:

https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support

Good luck!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2023 1:23 PM in response to beshir160

In effect this phone is activation locked.

To remove the activation lock you can either remove it with the correct Apple id and password

Or if you are unable to do so, and you have proof of purchase, you can apply for Apple to remove the activation lock

See this guide:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

The step to remove without knowing the Apple ID is under Start a support request

then "Get started" on the next page

Here is the direct link:

https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support

Good luck!

Feb 18, 2023 6:27 PM in response to beshir160

beshir160 Said:

"How can I change my iPhone's Apple ID?: i have my own Apple ID but I can’t sign in on my iPhone 7plus because this my phone is signed in by other person Apple ID for first time (before three years) so how I can sign in and update my phone?"

-------

Troubleshooting a Purchased, Locked Device:

Getting into This:

You need to have this person disassociate it from their account. So, contact them back, having them disassociate this iPhone from account. This is the site they should have used: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple SupportThe seller should have known better.

How can I change my iPhone's Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.