Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

syncing multiple email addresses on Apple mail with iCloud?

I have several Legacy email addresses I still use for different purposes. I want to sync all of these in iCloud. I'm using Apple Mail with iCloud enabled all all accounts.

I'm currently running Ventura OS - Ver. 13.2.1 on my M1 Mac mini and iOS - Ver. 16.3.1 on my iPad mini (6) & iPhone (8).

Currently I have to Delete emails on all 3 of my devices independently! I'm pretty sure OS/iOS used to delete emails on my other 2 devices when I deleted it one of them!

Has something changed?

PS. One of my email addresses is a @gmail account, so I can also see this mail in Google Mail. Apple Mail used to put back any deleted emails (likely due to this setup) but that doesn't seem to happen anymore. Could this be related, somehow?

Mac mini, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 3:49 PM

Hello GaryReginald,

We would like to see how we can help you with your iCloud emails not syncing. Let's check your settings to see what might be causing the issue with the steps in this link: If iCloud Mail isn't working - Apple Support

"If you need help sending or receiving mail on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Check your Internet connection. Open apple.com in Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. To see if you can receive mail for your iCloud email on another device, go to iCloud.com on a Mac or PC. 
  3. Make sure that you turned on Mail in Settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud and turn on Mail.
  4. Make sure that new data is pushed to your device automatically. In iOS 14 or later, tap Settings > Mail > Accounts > Fetch New Data, then turn on Push. In iOS 13 or earlier, tap Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Fetch New Data, then turn on Push. 
    • Send an email to your account to see if Push is working.
    • In Fetch New Data, tap your iCloud account and turn on Push. You can only use Push with one account at a time. 

5.Turn your device off and back on. 

6.If you still can't send or receive mail, turn off the settings in steps 3 and 4, restart your device, then turn them back on."

We know the issue differs slightly from yours, but we want to be sure you check the settings in step 4.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2023 3:49 PM in response to GaryReginald

Hello GaryReginald,

We would like to see how we can help you with your iCloud emails not syncing. Let's check your settings to see what might be causing the issue with the steps in this link: If iCloud Mail isn't working - Apple Support

"If you need help sending or receiving mail on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Check your Internet connection. Open apple.com in Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. To see if you can receive mail for your iCloud email on another device, go to iCloud.com on a Mac or PC. 
  3. Make sure that you turned on Mail in Settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud and turn on Mail.
  4. Make sure that new data is pushed to your device automatically. In iOS 14 or later, tap Settings > Mail > Accounts > Fetch New Data, then turn on Push. In iOS 13 or earlier, tap Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Fetch New Data, then turn on Push. 
    • Send an email to your account to see if Push is working.
    • In Fetch New Data, tap your iCloud account and turn on Push. You can only use Push with one account at a time. 

5.Turn your device off and back on. 

6.If you still can't send or receive mail, turn off the settings in steps 3 and 4, restart your device, then turn them back on."

We know the issue differs slightly from yours, but we want to be sure you check the settings in step 4.

Cheers!

Feb 15, 2023 5:35 PM in response to Sean_B1

Well, That appears to have fixed the problem of 1) Deleting emails on 1 device and having them disappear for the others! Thanks.

Now I have the 2) problem back that my Gmail accounts "put the deleted emails back" in Apple Mail after deleting them (on those Gmail Accounts). I had gone to "Fetch New Data" to (supposedly save battery), and maybe that fixed this 2nd problem, I don't know. But obviously caused Problem 1).

I guess I may need to get rid of my Gmail accounts and start using aliases or something for structure.

In any case thank you for the great support!

syncing multiple email addresses on Apple mail with iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.