Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

top iPhone 8 internet speed?

What is the fastest internet speed the iPhone 8 supports with iOS 15 or 16, in mbps or gbps? EDIT: cellular data, not Wi-Fi

iPhone 8

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 2:08 PM

iPhone 8 supports 802.11ac, which at the time of the 8 introduction could be up to 1,300 Mbps or 1.3 Gbps.

Of course, your ISP would have to be delivering those speeds and the Wi-Fi router would have to be capable of handling those speeds. The iPhone 8 would have to be very close to the router as well.

Most routers that claimed 1,300 Mpbs speeds typically checked out at about 700-800 Mbps.

Real world, the iPhone 8 might check out at 500-600 Mbps on a great day.

Cellular data, best the iPhone could do on an LTE or 4G connection....I don't know, but I would be surprised if it was much over 50 Mbps if that.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2023 2:08 PM in response to AppleAppQuestions

iPhone 8 supports 802.11ac, which at the time of the 8 introduction could be up to 1,300 Mbps or 1.3 Gbps.

Of course, your ISP would have to be delivering those speeds and the Wi-Fi router would have to be capable of handling those speeds. The iPhone 8 would have to be very close to the router as well.

Most routers that claimed 1,300 Mpbs speeds typically checked out at about 700-800 Mbps.

Real world, the iPhone 8 might check out at 500-600 Mbps on a great day.

Cellular data, best the iPhone could do on an LTE or 4G connection....I don't know, but I would be surprised if it was much over 50 Mbps if that.

top iPhone 8 internet speed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.