Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail App Search Woes (Ventura)

On one of our iMacs (M1, running Ventura 13.2.1), in Mail I am no longer able to find Contact search results. Meaning, I can't search for senders or receivers of emails. The only two search results are Subject and Attachment. Looks like this:

I've tried rebuilding the mailbox (multiple times), and unchecking/rechecking Mail in the Spotlight indexing, and neither makes any difference. Trying Spotlight searches instead turns up no "Mail & Messages" results. Does this look like a corrupted Spotlight index?

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 5:18 PM

Mitch Stone wrote:

On one of our iMacs (M1, running Ventura 13.2.1), in Mail I am no longer able to find Contact search results. Meaning, I can't search for senders or receivers of emails. The only two search results are Subject and Attachment. Looks like this:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/077391c1-1036-4e61-9cd5-d800281383ae

I've tried rebuilding the mailbox (multiple times), and unchecking/rechecking Mail in the Spotlight indexing, and neither makes any difference. Trying Spotlight searches instead turns up no "Mail & Messages" results. Does this look like a corrupted Spotlight index?

Simply rebuild the Spotlight index and compare your results—

preferred method, ex

ref: Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2023 5:18 PM in response to Mitch Stone

Mitch Stone wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/077391c1-1036-4e61-9cd5-d800281383ae

Simply rebuild the Spotlight index and compare your results—

preferred method, ex

ref: Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Mail App Search Woes (Ventura)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.