You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay disappearing on Apple Watch 7

Apple Pay keeps disappearing from my Apple Watch Series 7, I have tried unpair and pairing and it fixes the issue temporarily but then disappears again

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 3:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 4:16 AM

That should not happen unless you have some snake oil security apps on the iPhone like VPN or Anti-virus.

If unpairing and pairing does not fix it permanently and you have no security apps on the iphone which is updated to iOS16.3.1 then Contact Apple Support

You ought to reach out to Apple Support directly. You should be able to reach them here

Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support

or phone numbers

Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

and or

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

13 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 15, 2023 4:16 AM in response to Jock8100

That should not happen unless you have some snake oil security apps on the iPhone like VPN or Anti-virus.

If unpairing and pairing does not fix it permanently and you have no security apps on the iphone which is updated to iOS16.3.1 then Contact Apple Support

You ought to reach out to Apple Support directly. You should be able to reach them here

Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support

or phone numbers

Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

and or

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Feb 15, 2023 4:08 AM in response to Jock8100

Also recently I had turned on AssistiveTouch in Accessibility. I had turned it off and Apple Pay was not working from the Watch, I turned AssistiveTouch back on then turned OFF the “Confirm With AssistiveTouch”, then turned off AssistiveTouch, and the ApplePay worked again, showing the “Hold Near Reader” when you double tap the side button

Feb 15, 2023 6:59 AM in response to LD150

before doing the last unpair and pair to get Apple Pay back on the watch I tried deleting some watch faces as adding faces was the last thing I did before getting this issue. So far Apple Pay has not disappeared so fingers crossed that works.

this does seem to be an issue/bug though as I’ve seen other discussion threads on this forum mentioning the same issue.

Feb 28, 2023 2:34 AM in response to Jock8100

The calling the bank thing is a requirement in USA that we don't have in my country UK and also needs to be brought into 21st century.

We use the CVV codes on the cards.

I still have never had apple pay disappear on any device. The only time it was not working on Watch with double click was on the occasion I described where I had been experimenting with assistive touch and left part of it still on.

Apple Pay disappearing on Apple Watch 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.