Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m having problems getting a new game started for my son. I’ve signed off the ipad and signed him on, deleted the game and reloaded it. The game still defaults to my account. What do I do next?

I’m having problems getting a new game started for my son. I’ve signed off the ipad and signed him on, deleted the game and reloaded it. The game still defaults to my account. What do I do next?

iPad Air 5 Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 7:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 7:17 AM

If you deleted a game from your iPad Air and then reinstalled it, but the game still defaults to your old account, here are a few steps you can try to fix the issue:

1. Log out of your old account: In the game, look for an option to log out or switch accounts. If you can find this option, log out of your old account and then try logging in with your new account.
  2. Clear the app's cache and data: To do this, go to Settings > General > iPad Storage and find the game in the list of installed apps. Tap on the game and then select "Offload App" or "Delete App" to remove it from your iPad. Then, reinstall the game from the App Store and try logging in with your new account.
  3. Contact the game's customer support team: If the above steps don't work, you may need to contact the game's customer support team for assistance. They may be able to help you recover your account or reset your login information.

It's worth noting that some games may tie your account to your device's unique identifier, so deleting and reinstalling the game may not always solve the issue. In this case, contacting the game's customer support team is likely your best option.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2023 7:17 AM in response to Robert Holm

If you deleted a game from your iPad Air and then reinstalled it, but the game still defaults to your old account, here are a few steps you can try to fix the issue:

1. Log out of your old account: In the game, look for an option to log out or switch accounts. If you can find this option, log out of your old account and then try logging in with your new account.
  2. Clear the app's cache and data: To do this, go to Settings > General > iPad Storage and find the game in the list of installed apps. Tap on the game and then select "Offload App" or "Delete App" to remove it from your iPad. Then, reinstall the game from the App Store and try logging in with your new account.
  3. Contact the game's customer support team: If the above steps don't work, you may need to contact the game's customer support team for assistance. They may be able to help you recover your account or reset your login information.

It's worth noting that some games may tie your account to your device's unique identifier, so deleting and reinstalling the game may not always solve the issue. In this case, contacting the game's customer support team is likely your best option.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.