Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Pro v3 won’t print photos, but does print documents.

Does anyone know why my iPad Pro v3 can wirelessly print documents and emails fine, but not photos? I looks like the job is being sent to the printer, but nothing happens …

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 4:33 AM

Unless you are using a manufacturer-provided printing App, your iPad and printer will be using Apple AirPrint. Other than updating your printing App (if used) there are no printer drivers to install or update on your iPad.

See:

Apple AirPrint is a driverless connection protocol. A high proportion of modern printers intended for Home, SoHo and Business environments now support AirPrint. Check your printer model against this list:

About AirPrint - Apple Support

If your printer is not compatible with AirPrint, there are alternatives…

Some printer manufacturers have a suitable companion App that provides Print capabilities for mobile devices, often using a web-based print service. Others can print directly if the App supports other network printing protocols. By example, many HP Printers use the HP Smart App - available in the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/hp-smart/id469284907

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2023 4:33 AM in response to Malcolm T.

Unless you are using a manufacturer-provided printing App, your iPad and printer will be using Apple AirPrint. Other than updating your printing App (if used) there are no printer drivers to install or update on your iPad.

See:

Apple AirPrint is a driverless connection protocol. A high proportion of modern printers intended for Home, SoHo and Business environments now support AirPrint. Check your printer model against this list:

About AirPrint - Apple Support

If your printer is not compatible with AirPrint, there are alternatives…

Some printer manufacturers have a suitable companion App that provides Print capabilities for mobile devices, often using a web-based print service. Others can print directly if the App supports other network printing protocols. By example, many HP Printers use the HP Smart App - available in the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/hp-smart/id469284907

Feb 14, 2023 7:44 PM in response to Malcolm T.

Malcolm T. Said:

"Does anyone know why my iPad Pro v3 can wirelessly print documents and emails fine, but not photos? I looks like the job is being sent to the printer, but nothing happens …"

-------

Getting Photos to Print:

If there is a screen on the printer, then view it, seeing if you need to cancel something in the print query. I would also recommend that you contact the Manufacture of the printer, asking them for the correct drivers. IMPORTANT: Get the drivers from the Manufacture's site, and none other, or you might get junk installed on your device.

IPad Pro v3 won’t print photos, but does print documents.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.