Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old Gmail account linked to contacts

My old work Gmail is linked to some Contacts saved in my phone. I can no longer access the old Gmail. If I delete it says that all Gmail contacts will be removed. I have other accounts linked so I’m unsure what to do and afraid to delete.

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 8:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 8:42 PM

C-Bautista Said:

"Old Gmail account linked to contacts: My old work Gmail is linked to some Contacts saved in my phone. I can no longer access the old Gmail. If I delete it says that all Gmail contacts will be removed. I have other accounts linked so I’m unsure what to do and afraid to delete."

-------

Keeping Contacts:

Save these, then Export:

See if you can upload these to iCloud. then, export iCloud contacts for a back up. Once exported, remove the gmail account. then, import them back in. See here: Import or Export a vCard in Contacts on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Enabling Contacts in iCloud:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: your name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts (so that it is green)
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2023 8:42 PM in response to C-Bautista

C-Bautista Said:

"Old Gmail account linked to contacts: My old work Gmail is linked to some Contacts saved in my phone. I can no longer access the old Gmail. If I delete it says that all Gmail contacts will be removed. I have other accounts linked so I’m unsure what to do and afraid to delete."

-------

Keeping Contacts:

Save these, then Export:

See if you can upload these to iCloud. then, export iCloud contacts for a back up. Once exported, remove the gmail account. then, import them back in. See here: Import or Export a vCard in Contacts on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Enabling Contacts in iCloud:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: your name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts (so that it is green)

Old Gmail account linked to contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.