Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Home

Lately I can open my Home app on my iPad mini 4

it’s seems that the app belongs to IOS 16 and my iPad

maximum version of 15 ( can’t upgrade any more)

how can download version of that app that capable with iOS 15 ?

my iPhone 13 with the lates version

iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 10:14 PM

3 replies

Feb 15, 2023 7:00 PM in response to moshikfromshoham

Hi moshikfromshoham,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand you're seeing "This iPad Can No Longer View This Home". It appears you iPad may not be compatible with the latest home architecture. Also, this article has some helpful information: Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub.

"Set up iPad as a home hub

1. Tap Settings > [your name] and make sure that you're signed in to iCloud with the Apple ID that you used to set up your HomeKit and Matter accessories in the Home app.
  2. Tap iCloud, then scroll down and check that Home is turned on under Apps Using iCloud.
  3. Tap Settings > Home and turn on Use this iPad as a Home Hub.

To use your iPad as a home hub, it must remain in your home, powered on, and connected to your home Wi-Fi network.

iPad is not supported as a home hub on the new, more reliable, and more efficient Home architecture, which will be available as a separate upgrade in the Home app.

If your home hub isn't working as expected

Take care.

Feb 17, 2023 7:41 AM in response to moshikfromshoham

moshikfromshoham,

Have you considered deleting the Home app from your iPad following by redownloading it from the Apps Store so that you can download a compatible version that will work with your iPad?

Remove apps from iPad - Apple Support

Do any of the following:

*Remove an app from the Home Screen: Touch and hold the app on the Home Screen, tap Remove App, then tap Remove from Home Screen to keep it in App Library, or tap Delete App to delete it from iPad.

*Delete an app from App Library and Home Screen: Touch and hold the app in App Library, tap Delete App, then tap Delete. (See Find your apps in App Library on iPad.)
If you change your mind, you can redownload apps you’ve deleted.

Redownload apps and games from Apple - Apple Support

1) Open the App Store app.
2) Tap the sign-in button  or your photo at the top of the screen.
3) Tap Purchased.
4) If you use Family Sharing, tap My Purchases or choose a family member’s name to see content that they purchased.
5) Tap "Not on this [device]."
6) Find the app that you want to download, then tap the download button .

Learn what to do if you can't redownload the app. If you can't find the app on your device, use the App Library to find the app.

Another thing you could do is restore your device to factory settings and then use the default version of the Home app that's available after the restore. If you choose this route, you'll want to make sure you have a backup of your data because restoring it to factory settings will erase everything on your iPad.

Back up iPad - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have other questions.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

App Home

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.