Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automatic popups at macOS Ventura login: mediasharingd and google update

Hi all, after upgrading to macOS Ventura (now version 13.2.1) two popups appeared on opening, one called mediasharingd so fast that it appeared in an instant automatically didn't give me time to accept or decline (to get the screen I had to make a video with my cellphone when the system restarted).

Another annoying popup that appears is that of Google update login items, which despite having disabled or enabled it continues to appear.

path: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AMPSharing.framework/Versions/A/Support

Any tips?

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 2:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 7:01 AM

If you're experiencing automatic popups at login on macOS Ventura related to mediasharingd and Google Update, it's possible that these are caused by certain system settings or applications running in the background.

One potential solution to this issue is to disable the automatic startup of these applications on login. Here's how to do this:

1. Open System Preferences on your Mac.
  2. Click on "Users & Groups" or "Users & Accounts" .
  3. Select your user account.
  4. Click on the "Login Items" tab.
  5. Look for mediasharingd and Google Update in the list of items.
  6. Click on the "-" button to remove them from the list.

This should prevent the automatic popups at login related to these applications. If you still experience the issue, you may need to investigate further to identify any other factors that could be causing the problem.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2023 7:01 AM in response to erusim

If you're experiencing automatic popups at login on macOS Ventura related to mediasharingd and Google Update, it's possible that these are caused by certain system settings or applications running in the background.

One potential solution to this issue is to disable the automatic startup of these applications on login. Here's how to do this:

1. Open System Preferences on your Mac.
  2. Click on "Users & Groups" or "Users & Accounts" .
  3. Select your user account.
  4. Click on the "Login Items" tab.
  5. Look for mediasharingd and Google Update in the list of items.
  6. Click on the "-" button to remove them from the list.

This should prevent the automatic popups at login related to these applications. If you still experience the issue, you may need to investigate further to identify any other factors that could be causing the problem.

Feb 15, 2023 6:38 AM in response to erusim

By reading on the net and documenting myself a lot I managed to solve the problem, initially it was recommended to uninstall the apps or delete the LaunchAgents and LaunchDaemons (which apparently could solve the thing but create other problems) or create a script, I don't recommend it.

The quickest and simplest solution was to run the command sfltool resetbtm from the terminal which resets the login elements p and restart the machine.

I fixed the google update issue and the login items were reset, now you can enable and disable them to your liking with real response.

I still have the problem with mediasharingd!

Automatic popups at macOS Ventura login: mediasharingd and google update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.