Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail - new mail window won't resize

When i create a new mail, the window is nearly the full width of my 16'' screen. I cannot make it more narrow, left to right - the resize arrows only show to make it shorter top to bottom.

I saw a thread regarding editing the toolbar and removing the space...I tried this but no change.

I am running Ventura 13.1

Any advice gratefully received

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 4:31 AM

5 replies

Feb 16, 2023 9:03 AM in response to GavinMarcusWells

Hey GavinMarcusWells,

You should be able to resize the Mail window. Try the steps under "Move, align, and merge app windows" to see if they help. Specifically "To return the window to its previous position and size, press and hold the Option key, move the pointer over the green button, then choose Revert.", here: Manage app windows on Mac - Apple Support

If those steps return it to normal size, try to resize it to your preferences again.

Let us know how it goes.

Feb 16, 2023 9:12 AM in response to TammyW_03

Thank you for replying. I followed the steps you suggest, however when I do this ""To return the window to its previous position and size, press and hold the Option key, move the pointer over the green button, then choose Revert." ... there is no revert option.

Every new email i open almost fills the screen, and when i move the mouse to the left hand or right hand edge, all i get is an arrow point out, to make the window bigger..i cannot make it smaller. The attached screenshot shows the size of the screen, but didn't capture the arrow, it disappears when i capture the screen

Mail - new mail window won't resize

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.