Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to update my iPhone 6 Plus from 12.5.5 to iOS 15.1

I want uptate for my iPhone 6plus 12.5.5 to 15.1

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 1:44 PM

Somewhat speculative, but I am glad you agreed with what I posted hours earlier about 12.5.7 being the only version currently available for that model iPhone. However, we don't know for sure Apple won't suddenly drop 12.5.8. 12.5.7 was an unusual release itself, coming out several months after iOS 16 and out of the general pattern of Apple only releasing updates for the last two iOS versions. I was very careful not to assume Apple won't surprise us again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2023 1:44 PM in response to Bob Timmons

Somewhat speculative, but I am glad you agreed with what I posted hours earlier about 12.5.7 being the only version currently available for that model iPhone. However, we don't know for sure Apple won't suddenly drop 12.5.8. 12.5.7 was an unusual release itself, coming out several months after iOS 16 and out of the general pattern of Apple only releasing updates for the last two iOS versions. I was very careful not to assume Apple won't surprise us again.

Unable to update my iPhone 6 Plus from 12.5.5 to iOS 15.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.