Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Intel to apple silicon replacement

In a few days, I'll be getting my 2020 MacBook Pro checked out for a hardware issue. If a replacement device is offered, is it possible to request a specific MacBook pro, and if so, which model should I request? My current MacBook has the intel 2.3 GHz intel i7 chip, and I'll need to use Logic Pro, Final Cut Pro (with multiple 4k shots), and music notation software.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 2:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 2:48 PM

Andre_pdas wrote:

If a replacement device is offered, is it possible to request a specific MacBook pro...

No. If a replacement is offered you will get the exact same model / year and configuration of the original as far as it is possible to procure reasonably.

If not possible to procure the same exact model and configuration, you will get as close to it as Apple can manage.

You don't get a free upgrade to a current model.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2023 2:48 PM in response to Andre_pdas

Andre_pdas wrote:

If a replacement device is offered, is it possible to request a specific MacBook pro...

No. If a replacement is offered you will get the exact same model / year and configuration of the original as far as it is possible to procure reasonably.

If not possible to procure the same exact model and configuration, you will get as close to it as Apple can manage.

You don't get a free upgrade to a current model.

Feb 15, 2023 7:01 PM in response to Andre_pdas

it is EXTREMELY unlikely that a replacement computer will be offered. Your computer will be repaired by replacing its internal components if repair is needed.

Perhaps they would replace it if you have damage equivalent to "run over by a truck". In that case, as Phil says, they will match your exact model as closely as possible.

Intel to apple silicon replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.