Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I find out if my iphone se 2nd generation supports or uses VoLTE?

How can I find out if my iphone SE 2nd generation supports or uses VoLTE and, if so,

how do I access it?

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 6:00 PM

Yes, the iPhone SE 2nd generation supports VoLTE (Voice over LTE), which allows for better call quality and faster call setup times.

To check if your iPhone SE 2nd generation is using VoLTE, follow these steps:

1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap on "Cellular."
  3. Tap on "Cellular Data Options."
  4. If VoLTE is available for your carrier, you should see "Voice & Data" as an option. Tap on it and make sure that "LTE" is selected. This means that your iPhone will use VoLTE when it's available.

Note that VoLTE availability may depend on your carrier and location, so it's possible that it may not be available in certain areas or on certain carriers.

If you want to turn off VoLTE on your iPhone SE 2nd generation, simply go back to the "Voice & Data" option and select "Data Only" instead of "Voice & Data." This will turn off VoLTE and your iPhone will use 3G or 2G for voice calls instead.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2023 6:00 PM in response to donanberg1492

Yes, the iPhone SE 2nd generation supports VoLTE (Voice over LTE), which allows for better call quality and faster call setup times.

To check if your iPhone SE 2nd generation is using VoLTE, follow these steps:

1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap on "Cellular."
  3. Tap on "Cellular Data Options."
  4. If VoLTE is available for your carrier, you should see "Voice & Data" as an option. Tap on it and make sure that "LTE" is selected. This means that your iPhone will use VoLTE when it's available.

Note that VoLTE availability may depend on your carrier and location, so it's possible that it may not be available in certain areas or on certain carriers.

If you want to turn off VoLTE on your iPhone SE 2nd generation, simply go back to the "Voice & Data" option and select "Data Only" instead of "Voice & Data." This will turn off VoLTE and your iPhone will use 3G or 2G for voice calls instead.

Feb 15, 2023 3:06 PM in response to donanberg1492

iPhone SE 2020 definitely supports VoLTE.

You can check if VoLTE is activated here:

Settings > Cellular > Mobile Data Options > Voice & Data. At the bottom you can see if VoLTE is activated.

Screenshot from my iPhone SE 2020:

How can I find out if my iphone se 2nd generation supports or uses VoLTE?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.