Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 Phones, 1 Watch - Receiving Phone Calls

I have 2 different iPhones and one Apple Watch (8). I paired the watch with one of the phones. I now have an issue...When I receive phone calls on the non-paired phone, I see alerts on the watch. I have no idea how to turn them off. I only want to see calls from the paired phone. Anyone know how this is possible or how to turn off the alerts for the non-paired phone? Note seems to only happening for the Phone app; text message alerts are not showing for the non-paired phone (as expected).

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 5:28 PM

7 replies

Feb 17, 2023 7:37 PM in response to LD150

Thank you @LD150. Turning off Calls on Other Devices on my non-paired phone did indeed fix the issue. The downside is that I can no longer see the calls on my computer. Sad that there is no separate watch option in this list to turn off individually. Perhaps a shortcoming or bug that will be fixed later. But in any case, the experience is now better. Thanks again.

Feb 18, 2023 6:55 AM in response to LD150

Just a thought (and a wonder)...

Usually two watches would be signed into two different Apple ID's. I assume that both of these watches are using the same Apple ID.

Is that how this phenomenon is occurring and would it be better to create a new Apple ID for the unpaired watch?? 🤷‍♂️

The user would then be able to turn that setting back on and be notified on his computer once again?? 🤷‍♂️

Edit: Taking it a step further... Once the unpaired watch has its own Apple ID, it could be set up on Family Sharing, yes??

Feb 18, 2023 7:31 AM in response to LD150

Ah gee! The issue is two phones and ONE watch. I had it backwards in my mind.

So... Now I see the dilemma.

Both phones are using the same Apple ID and since both phones are active (cellular plans) you wouldn't want to manipulate the Apple ID on either.

If one phone didn't have service and was just used as a... Calculator... then creating a new Apple ID for that phone wouldn't be an issue.

Interesting 🤔

2 Phones, 1 Watch - Receiving Phone Calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.