You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it ok to update OS 16.3.1 on my ipad pro that has VPN?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 6:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 9:37 AM

Hi ajcarson2,

Apple will always recommend keeping your devices fully updated to the latest iOS versions. These include bug fixes, security patches and other quality of life improvements. Assuming your VPN supports iOS 16, there should not be any issue with it regarding updating, although you may need to disconnect the VPN to start the update.

See more info on updating here: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 17, 2023 9:37 AM in response to ajcarson2

Hi ajcarson2,

Apple will always recommend keeping your devices fully updated to the latest iOS versions. These include bug fixes, security patches and other quality of life improvements. Assuming your VPN supports iOS 16, there should not be any issue with it regarding updating, although you may need to disconnect the VPN to start the update.

See more info on updating here: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Cheers!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.