Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air M1 keeps crashing

So recently, my MacBook keeps on crashing during the night. I let it run some compressions via Handbrake while being connected to the power supply and my TV and in the morning, whenever I take a look at it, I get the info it crashed during the night and rebooted. The crash log is attached.

Does anybody know what causes this problem? It seems so weird that this happens basically every night.

Thank you in advance!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 11:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 12:14 AM

Hi there!

To start, learn what to do if your computer restarts or shuts down unexpectedly, or you get a message that your computer restarted or shut down because of a problem: If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support.

Jack

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 16, 2023 9:48 PM in response to xDDxxDDx

Mac system may crash due to several reasons, such as:

· New hardware addition/replacement

· macOS update

· Software incompatibilities or errors

· Low-space on the startup disk

· Inadequate RAM to handle multiple apps

· Inadequate CPU for handling processor-intensive tasks

· Race condition for accessing system resources and storage disk by several apps

· Malicious program or virus

However, you can try the below troubleshooting methods to fix the crashing Mac issue:

1. Run Apple Diagnostics to determine a Hardware Issue

2. Boot into Safe Mode to Fix Issues Caused by Any Software

3. Delete Software Update Caches

4. Use First Aid of Disk Utility to Fix File-System Issues on a Drive

5. Reset NVRAM

6. Uninstall Incompatible Apps

7. Reinstall macOS

Further, in case of any data loss, due to macOS crash, you can try data recovery software to recover your lost data.

Hope it helps!

MacBook Air M1 keeps crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.