Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Citibank Web is actively trying to switch customers from Safari to other browsers. (chrome) Any fix?

Does anyone have insight into Citibank’s IT dept. They are now agressively warning customers their browser is out of date if they are using Safari - even on 16.3. Technically Safari locks up and is non-responsive after a few minutes forcing a refresh, even if the cache is emptied and cookies are dumped. All settings are default on a MacAir M2 running Ventura 13.2.1 Has been going on for months occasionally now all the time. Anyone else have same problem and/or know about a fix. It’s been reported to Citibank also.

MacBook Air, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 4:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 4:50 AM

Not sure about Citibank but some sites do not work well with Safari. In that case I use Firefox. These change over time and all you can do is keep revising your browser. I have also found that turning off some of my Safari settings (like cross tracking, hide IP address, etc.) can make Safari work fine for a specific site.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2023 4:50 AM in response to Matrix2020

Not sure about Citibank but some sites do not work well with Safari. In that case I use Firefox. These change over time and all you can do is keep revising your browser. I have also found that turning off some of my Safari settings (like cross tracking, hide IP address, etc.) can make Safari work fine for a specific site.

Feb 16, 2023 11:21 AM in response to dialabrain

It would be in Apple’s best interest to support their products and their customers just like best interest of the CitiBank customers to tell Citibank what they want. Most companies especially big ones are extremely compatible. Security is the big issue - I use all the browsers, but only Safari for autofill due to business. I don’t want to share KeyChain passwords and autofill and Citi will lose customers to B of A and Wells who do support Safari quite nicely. thank you

Citibank Web is actively trying to switch customers from Safari to other browsers. (chrome) Any fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.