Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two Networks at same time

It´s possible to use wifi to internet connection and ethernet connection to local network at the same time on OS Ventura ? How can I do it ?

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 5:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2023 9:12 PM

Hello, I recently upgraded to Ventura and I immediately noticed that the network does not connect to 2 networks at the same time is there a fix for this? I noticed you can connect to one and you get kicked off of the other.

3 replies

Feb 16, 2023 6:18 AM in response to ThadeuSantanna

ChatGPT tells me :

"Yes, it's possible to use both Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections simultaneously on a computer to access the internet and local network. This is known as a "dual-homed" configuration.

In most cases, the computer will automatically prioritize the Ethernet connection over the Wi-Fi connection since it's typically faster and more reliable. However, you can adjust the network settings to give priority to the Wi-Fi connection if you prefer.

To set up a dual-homed configuration, connect your computer to both the Wi-Fi network and the Ethernet network. The computer should automatically detect both connections and assign each a separate IP address. You can then configure your network settings to use both connections simultaneously.

On a Windows computer, you can go to the "Network and Sharing Center" and click on "Change adapter settings" to see the available network connections. Right-click on the Ethernet connection and select "Properties," then click on "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" and click on "Properties." Click on the "Advanced" button and uncheck the "Automatic metric" box. Enter a lower number (such as 5) in the "Interface metric" box to give priority to the Ethernet connection. Repeat these steps for the Wi-Fi connection, but enter a higher number (such as 10) in the "Interface metric" box to give it lower priority.

On a Mac computer, you can go to the "Network" settings and click on the gear icon to access the "Set Service Order" option. Drag the Ethernet connection to the top of the list to give it priority over the Wi-Fi connection.

By setting up a dual-homed configuration, you can take advantage of the faster internet connection provided by the Ethernet connection while still accessing local network resources over Wi-Fi.

On a Mac computer, you can go to the "Network" settings and click on the gear icon to access the "Set Service Order" option. Drag the Ethernet connection to the top of the list to give it priority over the Wi-Fi connection.

By setting up a dual-homed configuration, you can take advantage of the faster internet connection provided by the Ethernet connection while still accessing local network resources over Wi-Fi."

However, the instructions for a Mac running Ventura are different. In the Network pane under System Settings you click on the Down Arrow in the box on the lower right portion of the Network pane. And then select Set Service Order....

Two Networks at same time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.