Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad change VPN settings to show pictures in mail

iPad change VPN settings to show pictures in mail.

Mail only show blue square with ?mark

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 3:19 AM

I did a reset on the iPad. It did change the settings that I am working through to reset.

It achieved the desired effect of allowing images to show in mail.

Computer technicalities baffle me but the iPad is working again.

Thanks, Doug

3 replies

Feb 17, 2023 3:37 AM in response to dougoutcanoe

You are welcome.

If baffled by “computer technicalities”, unless you comprehend precisely what a VPN can and can’t achieve in specific circumstances, reliance upon a VPN is perhaps ill-advised - as it likely provides negligible overall benefit and needless complication for you.

In most cases, a VPN only provides additional security and privacy for part of the communication path; it does not provide end-to-end security. VPNs have their place in the overall security/privacy jigsaw - providing just one element of the puzzle when used correctly - but are not of themselves a complete security solution.

Feb 16, 2023 11:10 AM in response to dougoutcanoe

If your VPN is interfering with your ability to access embedded content within your email - and you don’t understand how to correctly configure the VPN - you might be best advised to simply disable the VPN.

Without significantly more information about both your VPN service and its configuration, it is impossible to provide specific guidance as to how to resolve your issue. While VPNs can provide additional privacy and security on some circumstances, for many users a VPN will offer no benefit at all.

iPad change VPN settings to show pictures in mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.