Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers display date as MM/DD/YYYY

Hello. I've been trying to change the date format that is displayed in Numbers, but to no avail. I've got region set to Poland, Europe, as always. I've got the date set as DD.MM.YYYY. But despite this, the date is still being presented in MM/DD/YYYY format. How do I change this? I use the latest Ventura system. Unfortunately, trying to change the region and the date and returning to my preferences doesn't fix the date format.

MacBook Air (M2)

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 8:48 AM

I was not able to recreate your problem.

I set my system preferences region to Poland. In Numbers, the date formats are of the form DD/MM/YYYY and they format cells correctly. Any dates I had previously formatted as MM/DD/YYYY needed to be reformatted, they did not automatically change when i changed my region.

With my system preferences set to US and the region the Numbers file set to Poland (File->Advanced->Language & Region), the date formats are also of the form DD/MM/YYYY. Any dates I had previously formatted as MM/DD/YYYY needed to be reformatted, they did not automatically change.

You can create a custom date format to get it formatted exactly how you want it, including the dots instead of slashes between the numbers.

I am on Monterey, not Ventura, and on an Intel Mac not an M2 Mac.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2023 8:48 AM in response to pagulhan

I was not able to recreate your problem.

I set my system preferences region to Poland. In Numbers, the date formats are of the form DD/MM/YYYY and they format cells correctly. Any dates I had previously formatted as MM/DD/YYYY needed to be reformatted, they did not automatically change when i changed my region.

With my system preferences set to US and the region the Numbers file set to Poland (File->Advanced->Language & Region), the date formats are also of the form DD/MM/YYYY. Any dates I had previously formatted as MM/DD/YYYY needed to be reformatted, they did not automatically change.

You can create a custom date format to get it formatted exactly how you want it, including the dots instead of slashes between the numbers.

I am on Monterey, not Ventura, and on an Intel Mac not an M2 Mac.

Feb 16, 2023 9:56 AM in response to pagulhan

Change the format of the cell to DD/MM/YYYY (05/01/2023) or select the cell and use Edit->Clear All to get rid of the existing format (and the value in the cell) before you type the new date into it. If a cell is set to display as MM/DD/YYYY, it will continue to hold that format regardless of how you type in another date. In the screenshot below, if I type February 16, 2023 into the cell it will format it as 2/16/23 because that is the format previously given to the cell.

Numbers display date as MM/DD/YYYY

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.