Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

downloading from the photos app to the Mac

Is there an easy way to download photos from the Photos app to my Mac? I can't believe this is so hard for me to figure out. I wanted to access my Photos when a third party site asked for an upload of a photo, but nope, can't get it from the Photos app, so I go to the Photos app to download it and I can't find a method there, at least not one that is obvious.

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 10:07 AM

To access the photos in the Photos.app from external applications you can use the Media Browser.

When an app is opening a window to select a photo for uploading, scroll down in the sidebar to "Media", the select "Photos" and wait a bit for Photos to show the photos in the library. Select the photos you want to upload.

If you are only seeing flat list, without albums, narrow down the search for photos by typing the filename or a title in the searchfield.

Or, select the photos you want to use in Photos, then use the command "File > Export" to save them to a folder in the Finder and upload them from this folder.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2023 10:07 AM in response to Joe Thomas3

To access the photos in the Photos.app from external applications you can use the Media Browser.

When an app is opening a window to select a photo for uploading, scroll down in the sidebar to "Media", the select "Photos" and wait a bit for Photos to show the photos in the library. Select the photos you want to upload.

If you are only seeing flat list, without albums, narrow down the search for photos by typing the filename or a title in the searchfield.

Or, select the photos you want to use in Photos, then use the command "File > Export" to save them to a folder in the Finder and upload them from this folder.

downloading from the photos app to the Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.