Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External SSD Drives Not Mountable Repeatedly

Hi all. I've purchased a new Mac Studio in a few weeks ago and I've been experiencing this weird issue.

I have two external SSD drives that I connect to the USB-C ports and they keep on failing repeatedly after awhile. The external SSD drives would simply become not mountable and I had to re-format them periodically. I've tried ExFAT and APFS formats and saw no difference. The external SSD drives are not mountable on my older Mac computer as well. They used to work perfectly fine on my older Mac without issues for years. Meanwhile, I have a 3rd external mechanical hard drive that connects to the new Mac Studio with a regular USB 3.2 port, and this mechanical drive works just fine.

Am I experiencing a physical issue with the new Mac Studio? Both my new Mac Studio and my older Mac run macOS Ventura 13.1.

This has been a major issue for me. Hope I can find a possible answer here. Thanks in advance!

Mac Studio

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 10:19 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

External SSD Drives Not Mountable Repeatedly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.