You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where can I get a new battery for my apple watch series 2

I have a ceramic apple watch series 2. I just want to replace the battery. Suggestions?

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 6

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 11:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 12:24 PM

I don't believe what SixFour391 said is entirely true. According to this:

watch Service Pricing - Apple Support

it will cost about $79 without an AppleCare+ plan.

You may also want to see:

watch Repair - Official Apple Support

3 replies

Feb 16, 2023 11:55 AM in response to Rufus555

If the battery is defective, you can schedule a Genius Bar appointment and get a replacement, under AppleCare+.

If the battery is simply old, then unfortunately it might be time to get a new one. Apple cannot replace batteries inside of their mobile devices. It's an entire device "swap".

Sometimes an old car needs a battery, sometimes the cost of repair outweighs the cost of getting a new one, entirely. This might be the case for you.

Feb 16, 2023 12:32 PM in response to javaliga

Yes, I think I may have been a little vague with my wording. I apologize for that.

When I said "Entire device swap", what I meant was you will get a new Apple Watch unit for the price of a "Battery Replacement" with AppleCare+, if the coverage is still active.

However if, with normal use, the battery has deteriorated and coverage has expired (as it may well have since you have a Series 2), there is nothing to do but buy a new AppleWatch.

I hope that lends some clarity.

Again, I apologize about any miscommunication on my part.

where can I get a new battery for my apple watch series 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.