Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV control with watch

I have an Apple Watch Series 5 that was set up by my dad since I don’t have a phone and the remote app requires an iPhone so I can’t control my tv with my watch and is there a solution to this?

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 9

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 2:47 PM

Note that some Apple Watch features depend on having a companion iPhone, and aren't available on an Apple Watch that you pair using Family Setup.

The following features and apps are not available: Medications, respiratory rate, irregular heart rhythm notifications, ECG, Cycle Tracking, Sleep, Wrist Temperature, Blood Oxygen, Audiobooks, Remote, News, Home, and Shortcuts.

For more info, see:

Set up Apple Watch for a family member - Apple Support

Unfortunately, there is no solution.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2023 2:47 PM in response to Smartboiiyeet

Note that some Apple Watch features depend on having a companion iPhone, and aren't available on an Apple Watch that you pair using Family Setup.

The following features and apps are not available: Medications, respiratory rate, irregular heart rhythm notifications, ECG, Cycle Tracking, Sleep, Wrist Temperature, Blood Oxygen, Audiobooks, Remote, News, Home, and Shortcuts.

For more info, see:

Set up Apple Watch for a family member - Apple Support

Unfortunately, there is no solution.

Apple TV control with watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.