Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

update my iphone

why i can't update my iphone to ios 12.5.7

iPhone 6

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 6:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 7:07 PM

tharusha211 Said:

"update my iPhone: why i can't update my iphone to ios 12.5.7"

-------

Updating an iPhone 6 Past iOS 12:

A. You can't.  The iPhone 6 will only install to iOS12. See here: Update your iPhone or iPad Software if you're Experiencing Issues with Location, Date, and Time - Apple Support. And, for the note, even if you could update, only the latest version will install: iOS 16.

B. So, what to Try:

B. Update Using a Computer:

Have a Computer Handy? If so, try using a computer to update. Go here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. If any updates are availabe, they will install, sure enough.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2023 7:07 PM in response to tharusha211

tharusha211 Said:

"update my iPhone: why i can't update my iphone to ios 12.5.7"

-------

Updating an iPhone 6 Past iOS 12:

A. You can't.  The iPhone 6 will only install to iOS12. See here: Update your iPhone or iPad Software if you're Experiencing Issues with Location, Date, and Time - Apple Support. And, for the note, even if you could update, only the latest version will install: iOS 16.

B. So, what to Try:

B. Update Using a Computer:

Have a Computer Handy? If so, try using a computer to update. Go here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. If any updates are availabe, they will install, sure enough.

update my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.