Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay Problems with iPhone and Navigation Apps

On my 2020 Ram 2500 Google and Apple maps show up on the infotainment screen but the voice guidance does not work when directions are being given. On phone calls, the caller can hear me but I cannot hear them (the microphone in the truck/infotainment works). My streaming music apps work just fine through the infotainment system. I have re-paired the phone with truck, and I do not have these issues with my 2017 Golf. Thank you in advance for your advice!

iPhone SE

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 9:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 9:31 PM

seaotterpup Said:

"CarPlay Problems with iPhone and Navigation Apps: On my 2020 Ram 2500 Google and Apple maps show up on the infotainment screen but the voice guidance does not work when directions are being given. On phone calls, the caller can hear me but I cannot hear them[...]"

-------

What to Try:

A. Pair in Park:

Try unpairing the phone. Then, pair it back. Perform this while in while in park.

If that does not work...

B. View the Owner's Manual:

See what the Owner's Manual of your car says when you read it.

C. Visit this Link: If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

Also...

D. Report this to Apple:

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Comment: that it is after installing iOS15 whet the issue began
  3. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2023 9:31 PM in response to seaotterpup

seaotterpup Said:

"CarPlay Problems with iPhone and Navigation Apps: On my 2020 Ram 2500 Google and Apple maps show up on the infotainment screen but the voice guidance does not work when directions are being given. On phone calls, the caller can hear me but I cannot hear them[...]"

-------

What to Try:

A. Pair in Park:

Try unpairing the phone. Then, pair it back. Perform this while in while in park.

If that does not work...

B. View the Owner's Manual:

See what the Owner's Manual of your car says when you read it.

C. Visit this Link: If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

Also...

D. Report this to Apple:

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Comment: that it is after installing iOS15 whet the issue began
  3. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary

CarPlay Problems with iPhone and Navigation Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.