Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

videos to mac and ipad

I cannot transfer film that I have on a memory card from my camera onto either my Mac or iPad. Everything is in JPEG form. Plays fine on the Panasonic camera I have but when I put the memory card into the Mac nothing downloads. Photos no problem but videos just don’t show up. Can anyone help in simple terms as to what I am doing wrong please ? Thanks

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon 2023

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 3:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 8:55 AM

The first thing is to check to see whether your Panasonic camera is supported. Here's the link:

iMovie for macOS supported cameras - Apple Support

Some more details would also be helpful. What steps are you doing to import the videos, and what happens after each step? Any error messages? In what video and audio format are the videos? What resolution and frame rate? When you insert your memory card can you see the icons of the videos displayed on the card?

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2023 8:55 AM in response to Squoppy

The first thing is to check to see whether your Panasonic camera is supported. Here's the link:

iMovie for macOS supported cameras - Apple Support

Some more details would also be helpful. What steps are you doing to import the videos, and what happens after each step? Any error messages? In what video and audio format are the videos? What resolution and frame rate? When you insert your memory card can you see the icons of the videos displayed on the card?

-- Rich

videos to mac and ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.