Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lists in Contacts cannot be deleted

My phone has several lists in the contacts app that i cannot delete. Usually when you click on a list you have a number of options including to delete. The only option i have is to export it. See images below. This is causing a number of problems with other apps and creating contacts

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 3:56 AM

3 replies

Feb 20, 2023 12:37 PM in response to chuckbl

I removed all other accounts other than iCloud but still was not able to to delete the lists

The contacts may have been synced previously to another account at the company I used to work at (but I am no longer there). The app was a specific app but is no longer on the phone

The only difficulty i have noticed is that when I try to add a contact from WhatsApp it will not automatically add to icloud but to an iphone contacts list and as a result does not sync with my icloud contacts

Feb 19, 2023 7:08 AM in response to Sarahm1970

Hello Sarahm1970,

Let's check under the Settings > Contacts > Accounts menu, to see if there are any accounts listed there besides iCloud. That can help determine if that entry is related to another email account.

Have you synced contacts to your iPhone in the past using a computer?

Also, what particular difficulties are you having with other apps and with creating a new contact?

Let us know, and we'll keep moving forward based on those details.

Lists in Contacts cannot be deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.