Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I block Tik Tok from my kids phones?

I want to block my kids from downloading Tik Tok (and any other apps). I have parental controls set to disallow their use, but they are still able to use it. I see that I can allow specific apps. Why hasn't Apple provided a straight forward way to block apps that parents do not approve???

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 5:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 6:03 AM

If you already have set Family Sharing so that your children cannot download apps without your permission. Then simply hide the TikTok app in the App Store.

As a Family administrator, you decide which apps your children can see in the Purchased overview, on your profile.

1. Open the App Store

2. Tap on your profile picture in the top right corner.

3. Select Purchased

4. Find the TikTok app, swipe from left to right on it, and select Hide.

If your children still have the TikTok app on their iPhone, then you need to delete it manually. But after that, they do not have the option to redownload, as it has been removed from the overview.

You can find more information here:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2023 6:03 AM in response to tlocker

If you already have set Family Sharing so that your children cannot download apps without your permission. Then simply hide the TikTok app in the App Store.

As a Family administrator, you decide which apps your children can see in the Purchased overview, on your profile.

1. Open the App Store

2. Tap on your profile picture in the top right corner.

3. Select Purchased

4. Find the TikTok app, swipe from left to right on it, and select Hide.

If your children still have the TikTok app on their iPhone, then you need to delete it manually. But after that, they do not have the option to redownload, as it has been removed from the overview.

You can find more information here:

How can I block Tik Tok from my kids phones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.