Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Full Display with upcoming calls

For some contacts photo isn’t appearing on full screen when someone is calling, there is only a banner. I’ve observed that situation appears only with contacts using iPhone. Does anyone know what is the reason?

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 1:24 PM

Try to open the Contact app and find one of the contacts that does not have a Fullscreen Call Image. Open the Contact and tap Edit. Tap on the image and select the same image at the bottom of the overview. Then tap Edit and customize the image and save again. I can get some of my images to change to Full Screen that way. But I often find that it is the vertical images that fill the screen.

EDIT:

Just tested it. If I create a new contact and at the same time take a vertical picture and use it as a contact picture. The image will then be displayed in Full Screen.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2023 1:24 PM in response to martyna13

Try to open the Contact app and find one of the contacts that does not have a Fullscreen Call Image. Open the Contact and tap Edit. Tap on the image and select the same image at the bottom of the overview. Then tap Edit and customize the image and save again. I can get some of my images to change to Full Screen that way. But I often find that it is the vertical images that fill the screen.

EDIT:

Just tested it. If I create a new contact and at the same time take a vertical picture and use it as a contact picture. The image will then be displayed in Full Screen.

Feb 17, 2023 12:31 PM in response to martyna13

If the photo used as a contact photo is taken "Vertically" - then my experience is that it will fill the entire screen when you receive a call from that contact. But if the image is scaled, or square, it will be displayed at the top next to the name, as a small round image.

Full Display with upcoming calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.