Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud security code

Hey, I don’t know my security code

how can I see that code? I never create one

I have seen on Google that I can reset that code under iCloud options and passwords & keychain but there’s no option to reset that code

iPhone 12

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2023 1:48 PM

Hello Nlc0,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We want to help so you can regain access to your passwords.

Try these steps if you need to recover your keychain:

"Recover your iCloud Keychain if all your devices are lost or stolen

iCloud Keychain synchronization across devices provides convenience and redundancy in case you lose a single device. If all your devices are lost and you’ve added a recovery contact to your Apple ID account, your contact can help you recover your iCloud Keychain. To learn how, go to Settings  > [your name] > Password & Security, then tap “Learn more” below Add Recovery Contact.

You can also recover your iCloud Keychain through iCloud Keychain escrow, which is also protected against brute-force attacks. iCloud Keychain escrows a user’s keychain data with Apple without allowing Apple to read the passwords and other data it contains. Your keychain is encrypted using a strong passcode, and the escrow service provides a copy of the keychain only if a strict set of conditions is met.

To recover your keychain through iCloud Keychain escrow, authenticate with your Apple ID on a new device, then respond to an SMS sent to a trusted phone number. After you authenticate and respond, you must enter the device passcode. iOS, iPadOS, and macOS allow only 10 attempts to authenticate. After several failed attempts, the record is locked, and you must contact Apple Support on the Apple Support website to be granted more attempts."

This Apple Support page has the full details: Make your passkeys and passwords available on all your devices with iPhone and iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

We hope this helps to regain access using iCloud Keychain on your device.

Use the link to contact Apple Support directly if you need more support with your account.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2023 1:48 PM in response to Nlc0

Hello Nlc0,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We want to help so you can regain access to your passwords.

Try these steps if you need to recover your keychain:

"Recover your iCloud Keychain if all your devices are lost or stolen

iCloud Keychain synchronization across devices provides convenience and redundancy in case you lose a single device. If all your devices are lost and you’ve added a recovery contact to your Apple ID account, your contact can help you recover your iCloud Keychain. To learn how, go to Settings  > [your name] > Password & Security, then tap “Learn more” below Add Recovery Contact.

You can also recover your iCloud Keychain through iCloud Keychain escrow, which is also protected against brute-force attacks. iCloud Keychain escrows a user’s keychain data with Apple without allowing Apple to read the passwords and other data it contains. Your keychain is encrypted using a strong passcode, and the escrow service provides a copy of the keychain only if a strict set of conditions is met.

To recover your keychain through iCloud Keychain escrow, authenticate with your Apple ID on a new device, then respond to an SMS sent to a trusted phone number. After you authenticate and respond, you must enter the device passcode. iOS, iPadOS, and macOS allow only 10 attempts to authenticate. After several failed attempts, the record is locked, and you must contact Apple Support on the Apple Support website to be granted more attempts."

This Apple Support page has the full details: Make your passkeys and passwords available on all your devices with iPhone and iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

We hope this helps to regain access using iCloud Keychain on your device.

Use the link to contact Apple Support directly if you need more support with your account.

Cheers!

iCloud security code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.