Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I update my MacBook Pro past macOS Sierra

how can I update my macOS Sierra, beyond the Sierra's

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 4:23 PM

You should at least be able to upgrade to macOS 10.13 High Sierra. Whether you can upgrade macOS beyond that depends on the exact model of your Mac. You can get the exact model by clicking the Apple menu and selecting "About This Mac".

You can see which versions of macOS are compatible with various Apple hardware by using the information in this article:

https://eshop.macsales.com/guides/Mac_OS_X_Compatibility

You can find links to various macOS installers from links within this Apple article:

How to download macOS - Apple Support

I highly recommend you have a good backup before attempting to upgrade macOS in case something goes wrong. Sometimes an OS upgrade can reveal a failing hard drive.

People should always have frequent and regular backups of their computer and all external media (including the cloud) which contains important & unique data.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2023 4:23 PM in response to Llmoon

You should at least be able to upgrade to macOS 10.13 High Sierra. Whether you can upgrade macOS beyond that depends on the exact model of your Mac. You can get the exact model by clicking the Apple menu and selecting "About This Mac".

You can see which versions of macOS are compatible with various Apple hardware by using the information in this article:

https://eshop.macsales.com/guides/Mac_OS_X_Compatibility

You can find links to various macOS installers from links within this Apple article:

How to download macOS - Apple Support

I highly recommend you have a good backup before attempting to upgrade macOS in case something goes wrong. Sometimes an OS upgrade can reveal a failing hard drive.

People should always have frequent and regular backups of their computer and all external media (including the cloud) which contains important & unique data.

How can I update my MacBook Pro past macOS Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.