Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search on iPhone calendar

The search tool on my iPhone calendar is no longer giving any results. I know there are items that would fit the criteria I’m searching but nothing comes up. How do I fix it? iPhone 13 running iOS 16.2

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Feb 18, 2023 3:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 10:43 AM

Hi EPerk,

I had the same issue a couple of times. It usually has something to do with iCloud syncing properly. You should do this on all your Apple devices too since it is an iCloud thing:

--> If on your Mac (in my case a 2019 MacBook Pro running Ventura 13.2.1), open Calendar app > Select Calendar at top/left > Accounts > select iCloud (CalDAV) > un-check "Enable this account" > give it a couple of seconds, then re-check "Enable this account. This will start to re-index your events in Calendar.

--> If on your iPhone, open Settings > Calendar > Accounts > iCloud account > iCloud (above Media & Purchases) > APPS USING ICLOUD > Show All > Calendars > turn green dot off > "Keep on My iPhone" > let it synchronize > turn green dot back on. This will start to re-index your events in Calendar on your iPhone.

Hope this helps?

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2023 10:43 AM in response to EPerk

Hi EPerk,

I had the same issue a couple of times. It usually has something to do with iCloud syncing properly. You should do this on all your Apple devices too since it is an iCloud thing:

--> If on your Mac (in my case a 2019 MacBook Pro running Ventura 13.2.1), open Calendar app > Select Calendar at top/left > Accounts > select iCloud (CalDAV) > un-check "Enable this account" > give it a couple of seconds, then re-check "Enable this account. This will start to re-index your events in Calendar.

--> If on your iPhone, open Settings > Calendar > Accounts > iCloud account > iCloud (above Media & Purchases) > APPS USING ICLOUD > Show All > Calendars > turn green dot off > "Keep on My iPhone" > let it synchronize > turn green dot back on. This will start to re-index your events in Calendar on your iPhone.

Hope this helps?

Mar 5, 2023 10:17 PM in response to EPerk

I’m having the same issue with my calendar app (that comes on all of the iPhones). Normally I can search a single word from a past or future event I had in my calendar and it would pop up… but last week I noticed it was no longer working. No matter what I searched— even if it was things that I KNOW are currently in my calendar, the search results come back as “no results.” It’s super frustrating. I reference previous things & dates in my calendar all of the time. I don’t understand what’s going on. I did the iOS 16.3.1 update a couple days ago, assuming that would be the magical fix to this issue, but nope, the search feature is still not working. If you figure it out please let me know!

Feb 18, 2023 5:21 AM in response to EPerk

iPhone Calendar? Apple Calendar? There is no such thing.

Please check which is your Default email Account for the Calendar on your device? Settings > Calendar > Default Calendar

All the devices sync with an email client server which hosts your calendar. If you have a Calendar on iCloud that will not sync with Google Calendar. Settings > Calendar > Default Calendar [Choose what you want]. What you add (Event) on iPhone Calendar is synced with default calendar unless you have chosen a specific calendar at the time of event creation.

To which email account are the calendar events synced with your iPhone? This is not clear in your post

See the iPhone and Mac Calendar Pics below

Search on iPhone calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.