You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The trash can icon is gone in iphone mail

I had to delete and re-add my gmail account to the iphone. Now, the trashcan icon is gone and I need to click like 4 different things to move it to "trash".

I saw a post that told me to go to "Settings" - Passwords and Accounts.

I don't see a section called "Passwords and Accounts"?

How do I get that trash can icon back so that it shows at the bottom of an open email?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Feb 18, 2023 6:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 6:31 PM

Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts. Click the email you want to change, then click account. Click advanced. Under "move discarded messages into:", make sure "deleted mailbox" is checked off

8 replies

Feb 18, 2023 6:58 AM in response to SteveShapiro

This is what I see under advanced settings, I don't see "expunge".

Settings

General

Labels

Inbox

Accounts and Import

Filters and Blocked Addresses

Forwarding and POP/IMAP

Add-ons

Chat and Meet

Advanced

Themes

Auto-advance

Show the next conversation instead of your inbox after you delete, archive or mute a conversation. You can select whether to advance to the next or previous conversation in the "General" Settings page.

Enable

Disable

Templates

Turn frequent messages into templates to save time. Templates can be created and inserted through the "More options" menu in the compose toolbar. You can also create automatic replies using templates and filters together.

Enable

Disable

Custom keyboard shortcuts

Enable the ability to customize your keyboard shortcuts via a new settings tab from which you can remap keys to various actions.

Enable

Disable

Right-side chat

Move the chat box to the right side of the inbox.

Enable

Disable

Unread message icon

See how many unread messages are in your inbox with a quick glance at the Gmail icon on the tab header.

Enable

Disable

The trash can icon is gone in iphone mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.