Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got a new iMac 24. I already have a seagate external hard drive with a firewire 800 connector. Where can I get an adapter?

I have a seagate external hard drive with a firewire 800 connector. Where can I get an adapter?

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Feb 18, 2023 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2023 11:22 AM

I haven't personally used one of these on my iMac but it looks like what you need: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter - Apple

2 replies

Feb 18, 2023 12:02 PM in response to bama3630

Those drives normally had FireWire and USB connections.

Turn it around and look on the back to see if it has a port that is marked with a USB symbol. If it does, then it should have also came with a USB cable.

If you use the USB cable, then all you need is an inexpensive USB-C to USB-A adapter instead of two expensive adapters to go from USB-C to Thunderbolt 2 and then from Thunderbolt 2 to FireWire.

I got a new iMac 24. I already have a seagate external hard drive with a firewire 800 connector. Where can I get an adapter?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.