Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovering notes

i lost a bunch of notes from the notes app, and luckily have Time Machine backing up. I should somehow be able to recover the lost notes… can you please provide step by step instructions of how to locate notes from a Time Machine backup?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 18, 2023 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2023 8:09 PM

"Recovering notes: i lost a bunch of notes from the notes app, and luckily have Time Machine backing up. I should somehow be able to recover the lost notes… can you please provide step by step instructions of how to locate notes from a Time Machine backup?"

-------

Troubleshooting Lost Notes:

A. Where to Go:

B. Restore from a Backup:

Have any backups of your iPhone that contains these notes? If so, restore your iPhone from a backup, and you could recover them.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2023 8:09 PM in response to kathrynfromedmond

"Recovering notes: i lost a bunch of notes from the notes app, and luckily have Time Machine backing up. I should somehow be able to recover the lost notes… can you please provide step by step instructions of how to locate notes from a Time Machine backup?"

-------

Troubleshooting Lost Notes:

A. Where to Go:

B. Restore from a Backup:

Have any backups of your iPhone that contains these notes? If so, restore your iPhone from a backup, and you could recover them.

Feb 18, 2023 8:15 PM in response to kathrynfromedmond

-------

Recovering Notes on a Mac TMB:

When it comes to restoration, recovering you iOS device is the only way to do this. On a Mac, you need to restore your Mac to recover them.

A. View and Restore Past Versions of Documents on Mac - Apple Support

B. Restore Items Backed Up with Time Machine on Mac - Apple Support

C. Recover All your Files from a Time Machine backup - Apple Support

D. Back Up your Files with Time Machine on Mac - Apple Support

E. Time Machine Troubleshooting on Mac - Apple Support

Recovering notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.