Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification sounds only work sometimes.

This is an ongoing problem. The notification sometimes works and sometimes not. No rhyme or reason and VERY frustrating. It seems others have this problem so it would be good if Apple would address this issue.

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 18, 2023 7:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2023 7:26 PM

WickedSteMum Said:

"Notification sounds only work sometimes.: This is an ongoing problem. The notification sometimes works and sometimes not. No rhyme or reason and VERY frustrating. It seems others have this problem so it would be good if Apple would address this issue."

-------

Troubleshooting Notifications:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2023 7:26 PM in response to WickedSteMum

WickedSteMum Said:

"Notification sounds only work sometimes.: This is an ongoing problem. The notification sometimes works and sometimes not. No rhyme or reason and VERY frustrating. It seems others have this problem so it would be good if Apple would address this issue."

-------

Troubleshooting Notifications:

Feb 18, 2023 8:49 PM in response to WickedSteMum

WickedSteMum Said:

"Notification sounds only work sometimes.: I have checked all my settings and they all seem correct. If they weren’t on, I would never get notifications, but it is random sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t. That is what confuses me.."

-------

Try a Factory Reset:

Reset your iPhone, as if you were to sell it. Perform as interacted here, including the backup: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Notification sounds only work sometimes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.