Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud drive on removable drives...

I am the happy owner of a new Mac mini M2 pro, after 23 years of Mac ownership I am very happy with it (other than the fact that there is a WIFI bug that I hope Apple will resolve soon!).

The mini has a 500Gb hard drive, as such I have another hard drive also connected by USB 4 that is 1TB.

My question, is can I put secondary files that I don't access regularly on the removable hard drive but still sync with iCloud Drive?

Currently all my iCloud Drive files are syncing to my first hard drive but I don't want this to happen as I will be out of memory quickly?

I hope that this makes sense, I like the iCloud Drive, but I wish to have the option to place sync files on secondary devices?

Mac mini, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 19, 2023 3:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2023 4:59 AM

iCloud will not sync general files on an external drive. However, you can move your music library and photo library to an external drive. The photos library will continue to sync with iCloud on an external drive.

Similar questions

1 reply

iCloud drive on removable drives...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.