Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 8 plus can't disconnect calls

Can't find a way to disconnect a call. Web has various solutions, none of which work. The latest I tried was to tap the 'slide button' on the right side, but that did nothing. Another said to swipe to the left and that didn't work either. I just have to wait until the other party disconnects.

I am hearing-impaired, but there is no way to email Apple support. They don't seem to realize that many of us have problems talking to people on the phone. Don't see a way to do online chat either.

[Email Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 19, 2023 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2023 2:36 PM

Decline a call and send it directly to voicemail

Do one of the following:

• Press the side button twice quickly.
  • Tap .
  • Swipe up on the call banner.

You can also swipe down on the call banner for more options.

Do any of the following:

• Tap Remind Me, then choose when you want a reminder to return the call.
  • Tap Message, then choose a default reply or tap Custom.
  • To create your own default replies, go to Settings  > Phone > Respond with Text, then tap any default message and replace it with your own text.

Note: In some countries or regions, declined calls are disconnected without being sent to voicemail.

An Apple article

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2023 2:36 PM in response to bjedrick

Decline a call and send it directly to voicemail

Do one of the following:

• Press the side button twice quickly.
  • Tap .
  • Swipe up on the call banner.

You can also swipe down on the call banner for more options.

Do any of the following:

• Tap Remind Me, then choose when you want a reminder to return the call.
  • Tap Message, then choose a default reply or tap Custom.
  • To create your own default replies, go to Settings  > Phone > Respond with Text, then tap any default message and replace it with your own text.

Note: In some countries or regions, declined calls are disconnected without being sent to voicemail.

An Apple article

iphone 8 plus can't disconnect calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.