Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannnot back up my WhatsApp

I have difficulties to back up what app on my new iphone

iPhone 14 Pro Max, 16

Posted on Feb 19, 2023 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2023 5:16 PM

Unfortunately, Apple does not provide a direct way to back up WhatsApp on your iPhone. However, there are a few third-party apps that can help you back up your WhatsApp data.

One of the most popular options is iMazing. This app allows you to back up your WhatsApp data, including conversations, photos, videos, and more. It also allows you to transfer your WhatsApp data from one iPhone to another. You can find more information about iMazing and download it from the App Store.

Another option is to use iCloud. You can back up your WhatsApp data to iCloud and then restore it on your new iPhone. To do this, open the WhatsApp app on your old iPhone and go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup. From there, you can tap the Back Up Now button to back up your WhatsApp data to iCloud. Then, on your new iPhone, open the WhatsApp app and tap the Restore Chat History button to restore the data from iCloud.

Finally, you can also use Google Drive to back up your WhatsApp data. To do this, open the WhatsApp app on your old iPhone and go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup. From there, you can tap the Back Up Now button to back up your WhatsApp data to Google Drive. Then, on your new iPhone, open the WhatsApp app and tap the Restore Chat History button to restore the data from Google Drive.

Whichever method you choose, make sure to back up your WhatsApp data regularly to ensure that none of your important conversations are lost.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2023 5:16 PM in response to komlan196

Unfortunately, Apple does not provide a direct way to back up WhatsApp on your iPhone. However, there are a few third-party apps that can help you back up your WhatsApp data.

One of the most popular options is iMazing. This app allows you to back up your WhatsApp data, including conversations, photos, videos, and more. It also allows you to transfer your WhatsApp data from one iPhone to another. You can find more information about iMazing and download it from the App Store.

Another option is to use iCloud. You can back up your WhatsApp data to iCloud and then restore it on your new iPhone. To do this, open the WhatsApp app on your old iPhone and go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup. From there, you can tap the Back Up Now button to back up your WhatsApp data to iCloud. Then, on your new iPhone, open the WhatsApp app and tap the Restore Chat History button to restore the data from iCloud.

Finally, you can also use Google Drive to back up your WhatsApp data. To do this, open the WhatsApp app on your old iPhone and go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup. From there, you can tap the Back Up Now button to back up your WhatsApp data to Google Drive. Then, on your new iPhone, open the WhatsApp app and tap the Restore Chat History button to restore the data from Google Drive.

Whichever method you choose, make sure to back up your WhatsApp data regularly to ensure that none of your important conversations are lost.

I cannnot back up my WhatsApp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.