Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 7plus I installed new sim card what is my next step?

I had to purchase a new sim card for my iPhone 7Plus. It's installed. Is there more steps I need to take with that installation.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 19, 2023 5:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2023 5:18 PM

No. You just have to insert your new SIM card and enter your PIN code that you have been given by your Carrier and you are ready. iMessages and FaceTime automatically register your phone number from the SIM card.

If you have got a new phone number, remember to change your Trusted Number, on which you can receive 2FA codes.

This can be changed here:

Settings > Apple ID > Password and Security

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2023 5:18 PM in response to Zunaqoa

No. You just have to insert your new SIM card and enter your PIN code that you have been given by your Carrier and you are ready. iMessages and FaceTime automatically register your phone number from the SIM card.

If you have got a new phone number, remember to change your Trusted Number, on which you can receive 2FA codes.

This can be changed here:

Settings > Apple ID > Password and Security

Iphone 7plus I installed new sim card what is my next step?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.