Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password for Apple TV APP

Apple TV App will not accept my password to rent a movie. I do not want to change it. It works for every device. I did buy a movie a few months ago and it worked. I have a new Macbook Air.

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 19, 2023 8:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 10:49 AM

Verify that you are already signed in to the Apple TV app (menu Account﹥Sign In…).

What is your model MacBook Air? Identify your MacBook Air model - Apple Support

What is its version macOS? Find out which macOS your Mac is using - Apple Support

You can rent a movie on any of your devices, and then it would be accessible in the Libraries of all your devices with the same Apple ID (but streamable on one at a time).

Rent movies from the Apple TV app - Apple Support

At the end of the renting process, you’ll be asked to start playback now or later. Choose ‘later’ to postpone the 48 hours playback window.

If your MacBook Air has Touch ID, and you have set that up, then it would fill in the password without typing, through fingerprint identification.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2023 10:49 AM in response to Susanjoyful

Verify that you are already signed in to the Apple TV app (menu Account﹥Sign In…).

What is your model MacBook Air? Identify your MacBook Air model - Apple Support

What is its version macOS? Find out which macOS your Mac is using - Apple Support

You can rent a movie on any of your devices, and then it would be accessible in the Libraries of all your devices with the same Apple ID (but streamable on one at a time).

Rent movies from the Apple TV app - Apple Support

At the end of the renting process, you’ll be asked to start playback now or later. Choose ‘later’ to postpone the 48 hours playback window.

If your MacBook Air has Touch ID, and you have set that up, then it would fill in the password without typing, through fingerprint identification.

Password for Apple TV APP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.