Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I do not have a Files app on my iPad. How do I get that?

How and where do I get the Files app for my new iPad? The iPad does not have that app.

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 8:29 AM

The Files App is installed by default. If you can’t locate the App, try using the built-in Search tool. Simply swipe downwards on any empty area of any Home Screen to expose the Search dialogue; just type “Files” and a direct link to the App should appear.

Alternatively, if you have iPadOS15 or iPadOS16 installed, use the App Library to find the App Store. From any Home Screen, swipe the Home Screen pages to the left; the last page is the App Library - where you will find automatically grouped Apps - and another method to search for installed Apps.

If you have somehow deleted the Files App, it can be reinstalled from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/files/id1232058109

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2023 8:29 AM in response to harveyfromwashington

The Files App is installed by default. If you can’t locate the App, try using the built-in Search tool. Simply swipe downwards on any empty area of any Home Screen to expose the Search dialogue; just type “Files” and a direct link to the App should appear.

Alternatively, if you have iPadOS15 or iPadOS16 installed, use the App Library to find the App Store. From any Home Screen, swipe the Home Screen pages to the left; the last page is the App Library - where you will find automatically grouped Apps - and another method to search for installed Apps.

If you have somehow deleted the Files App, it can be reinstalled from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/files/id1232058109

I do not have a Files app on my iPad. How do I get that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.