Related Article: How to download apps and content that your family members purchased

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set up an Apple Account for only me, not in a family?

How do I set up an individual I Tunes account for me, not in Family sharing?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 9:02 AM

Unless invited Apple IDs are not part of Family Sharing by default.

You can create an Apple ID normally, and it won't be part of Family Sharing. click here ➜ How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

Do note, you cannot change between an Apple ID that is part of Family Sharing and one that is not in a moments notice. One of them will be locked for 90 days after the change so cannot be used on the device again for that period of time.

If your Apple ID is set to 13 year old or older, you can leave Family Sharing at any time, if you no longer wish to be part of a Family Group for some reason.

Click here ➜ Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2023 9:02 AM in response to 5209-JP

Unless invited Apple IDs are not part of Family Sharing by default.

You can create an Apple ID normally, and it won't be part of Family Sharing. click here ➜ How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

Do note, you cannot change between an Apple ID that is part of Family Sharing and one that is not in a moments notice. One of them will be locked for 90 days after the change so cannot be used on the device again for that period of time.

If your Apple ID is set to 13 year old or older, you can leave Family Sharing at any time, if you no longer wish to be part of a Family Group for some reason.

Click here ➜ Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

How do I set up an Apple Account for only me, not in a family?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.