You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove Cupertino’s weather info from my opening screen on my iPad, and replace it with my own location’s?

Weather icon on opening page is for Cupertino. How do I change it to my location?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 12:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 3:30 PM

Presumably you refer to the Weather Widget that may be installed on your Home Screen.

Touch-and-hold the Weather Widget - and a menu will appear. Tap the Edit Widget button - and then Location. Either select a city close to you - or choose My Location.

5 replies

Feb 21, 2023 3:20 PM in response to sabine80

Hello sabine80,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. 

We understand that you want to add your location to the Weather app. We are happy to help.

Please use the steps here to add locations and delete locations from the Weather app: Check the weather in other locations on iPad - Apple Support

"Add a location to your weather list

You can add locations to the weather list to quickly check the weather in places important to you.

1. Open Weather, then tap the Show Sidebar button button or turn your iPad to landscape view to display the sidebar.
  2. Tap the search field at the top of the screen, then enter the name of the city or the airport code that you want to add to your list.
  3. Tap the location in the search results, then tap Add.

To check the weather in locations you added to your weather list, swipe the iPad screen left or right, or tap the Show Sidebar button button, then tap a location.

Delete and rearrange locations in your weather list

1. Open Weather, then tap the Show Sidebar button button or turn your iPad to landscape view to see your weather list.
  2. Do either of the following:
    • Delete a location: Swipe left on the location, then tap the Delete button. Or, tap the More button, then tap Edit List.
    • Rearrange the order of locations on your list: Touch and hold the location, then move it up or down. Or, tap the More button, then tap Edit List.

Your list of locations stays up to date across your devices when you’re signed in with the same Apple ID."

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

How do I remove Cupertino’s weather info from my opening screen on my iPad, and replace it with my own location’s?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.