Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I convert IMG photos from phone to JPEG or PDF?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 1:45 PM

There is no way to convert an image to PDF from within the Photos App for Mac.

You can export it as a jpeg from the Export option in the file menu in Photos on a Mac by selecting JPEG in the Photo kind dropdown.

To cover to a PDF, you can copy the photo, and open it in Preview, and then use that to Export it as a PDF.

Control + click, or two finger click, or right click on the photo, and select copy.

You can then open the Preview app, and use the "New from Clipboard" option from the File Menu. This will paste the image into preview, and you can then use the Export to PDF option from the File menu.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2023 1:45 PM in response to ernie249

There is no way to convert an image to PDF from within the Photos App for Mac.

You can export it as a jpeg from the Export option in the file menu in Photos on a Mac by selecting JPEG in the Photo kind dropdown.

To cover to a PDF, you can copy the photo, and open it in Preview, and then use that to Export it as a PDF.

Control + click, or two finger click, or right click on the photo, and select copy.

You can then open the Preview app, and use the "New from Clipboard" option from the File Menu. This will paste the image into preview, and you can then use the Export to PDF option from the File menu.

Feb 20, 2023 3:30 PM in response to ernie249

I assume you're asking about a RAW file. I just tried this on my iPhone. I clicked the export icon (the square with an arrow pointing up - I don't know what it's really called), and chose Save to File, and it saved as a jpeg. This was a RAW file from a third-party photo app, but I imagine it would be the same with an Apple ProRAW file.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.