Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie 11 for my new mac book pro 13 mchip 2

How do I download - imovie 11 for my new mac book pro 13 mchip 2, which is not not available on app store? I would love to upgrade, Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 11:03 AM

Any font other than the default font needs to be set separately each time one uses the title.

One workaround would be to create a title selecting a font other than the default font. Then, after creating the title with your custom font, you can select the title clip in the upper timeline and Edit/Copy, Edit/Paste, it somewhere else on the timeline. A duplicate of your previously created title will appear above the timeline, that contains the same non-default font that you had selected. Then you can open the template and replace the text.

-- Rich

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2023 11:03 AM in response to Cynditjie

Any font other than the default font needs to be set separately each time one uses the title.

One workaround would be to create a title selecting a font other than the default font. Then, after creating the title with your custom font, you can select the title clip in the upper timeline and Edit/Copy, Edit/Paste, it somewhere else on the timeline. A duplicate of your previously created title will appear above the timeline, that contains the same non-default font that you had selected. Then you can open the template and replace the text.

-- Rich

Feb 20, 2023 3:31 PM in response to Cynditjie

The current iMovie version is 10.3.5. There is no iMovie 11. The current version requires OS 11.5.1 (Big Sur) or later. Since you are running Mac OS 13.2 (Ventura) you should be able to download iMovie 10.3.5 with the normal download procedure at the app store. Click on Updates in the app store sidebar and see if iMovie 10.3.5 is available.

If having difficulty, try this procedure: To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed,

including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

Feb 21, 2023 10:35 AM in response to Rich839

Thank you Rich. I have that version.

I am still needing a way to set the default font. Right now it is not the font I want to use and, i have to change the phrases and titles I use, every single time I type. Very frustrating.

I would like a way to change the default font to stay the same - at least throughout the whole movie while I am editing it.

Do you know how to do that? I would greatly appreciate any help you can give. Thanks,

Cyndi

imovie 11 for my new mac book pro 13 mchip 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.